How does Yotako keep up with WP updates & should the design be a child-theme?

Hi. I am a long-time Wordpress user who just discovered this Figma plugin!
I am very curious about this fantastic looking tool and have these questions:

1. How does Yotako keep up with the constant changes made to Wodpress core?
  2. Along the same lines, I wonder if it is best (or possible) to install a default theme such as Twenty Twenty Three (made by the Wordpress team) and make the Yotako exported theme as its “child theme”? That way, I think, the main theme would receive changes to wordrpess core updates.

Thank alot!
B

1 Like

Hi @BarbaraD,

Thanks a lot for your words! :blush:

• How does Yotako keep up with the constant changes made to Wodpress core?

I don’t know the technical details but all of our Hosting plans will ensure you always have an up to date WordPress with up to date WordPress Themes regardless of any changes the core has. Our Engineering team handles this for you transparently :wink:

• Along the same lines, I wonder if it is best (or possible) to install a default theme such as Twenty Twenty Three (made by the Wordpress team) and make the Yotako exported theme as its “child theme”? That way, I think, the main theme would receive changes to wordrpess core updates.

Thanks a lot for sharing this idea. I will share it internally and we will have a look.
Is there any other reasons you would like to have the Yotako Themes as child of Twenty Twenty Three theme?
Any drawbacks you would like to mention as well?

Thanks a lot!
Melanie

What if we are not using your hosting but our own?

1 Like

Hey @DesignHolistically,

In case you use your own hosting, you are of course responsible to keep it up updated.

The Theme you get from our Figma to WordPress with AI plugin gives you a WordPress theme, so everything else, including the hosting maintenance and upgrades are out of scope of theme, that’s why we provide Hosting support as well to take care of everything for you if you don’t have time, don’t want or don’t know how to deal with all this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have a video showing how to download the theme and install it on your own as well, check it our here: